Thursday, June 24, 2010

Peas Galore!

With all the rain, the cold temperatures, the new baby, one seriously busy toddler, and all the sleep I'm not getting, I've felt like the garden has been completely negelcted this spring. I get to it in pieces parts or not at all. But there are a few things growing from seeds Lily and I planted before Jasper was born. All of the sudden the snap peas are ready for pickin'; YIPPEE!

I haven't been as diligent about tying them up as they grow so they're not as tall as they could be, but I'm just happy they are growing at all. And I sure do love the taste of them, right off the vine; that cool sweet crunch is delicious!

Last year Lily loved them, she picked them and ate them. It took her a while to chew each one, but she worked on them till she could swallow them. This year she likes to pick them, chew them up, then spit them back out into my hands. Hmmm. Not exactly what I had in mind. She's definitely a lot more picky about her food this year. I'm hoping all the fresh summer veggies will kick start her taste buds back into gear.

1 comment: