Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rain, Rain...and Snails!

The rains have been assaulting us for the past few weeks. We even had a thunderstorm which is so odd for this neck of the woods. And for a few moments in the dark afternoon light, with the rain pouring and the noise of thunder, I dreamt I was sitting on the screened-in porch at the Maple cottage on Lake Erie watching a storm rise over the lake...
Back to reality. Now our yard looks like a jungle or rain forest, a forest of weeds, (and snails!) I swear, it's like the weeds quadrouple in growing strength when it rains. Lily helped me pull weeds and clean up the back yard a bit which was way more fun with her than by myself. She even got to wear her new gardening gloves that her Uncle Kevin gave her. I pulled the weeds and she swept them up with her mini broom and dust pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment