Sunday, February 28, 2010

Starting Seeds


Lily and I started seeds this morning. How fun and hilarious at the same time. Here’s what we tried to plant: snow peas, snap peas, jalapenos, sweet onion and sunflower. We planted not necessarily based on what seeds should be started now, but on what packages Lily liked best. The snap peas and onions were her favorite, I think. She likes the big seeds and the teeny tiny ones as well.

What will grow from those little pellets remains to be seen, because let’s just say, it wasn’t quite as organized as I thought it would be. Actually, I knew it wouldn’t be organized at all, no matter how much I tried, but I had hopes. The way it turned out was too much fun to care about the organization anyway, which is definitely something Lily teaches me over and over again. And who knows, we might come up with some interesting new hybrids altogether, like a jalapeno flavored sunflower or a snap/snow pea combination.

I thought she would enjoy watering them and watching the pellets expand, but really she liked the seed packets and the seeds best. She also had a blast sticking her finger into the water between the wells to “drink” it.
It was awesome to see that she enjoyed it far more and for a lot longer than I thought she would. We practically had to tear her away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment