Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Own Little Sprout



I'm learning, that gardening with a 1-year-old is not so much about what I want to do, but about DISTRACTION, which is the word that pretty much rules our life these days. Lily is everywhere all the time. She's both attached to me and determined to do things on her own. I could literally spend all day saying,"no" to her, while constantly taking things away from her that are dangerous or inappropriate. Torture chamber anyone?

Instead, I've realized distraction is the way to go. I didn't say it was easy for me to come to this place, but once I did, I realized Lily and I were having much more fun. And, anyway, who cares that I have yet to plant some of the seeds that should have been in the ground weeks ago? Who cares if every single last weed does not get pulled?

Lily prefers to shovel dirt out of the pots and climb into them. She also likes to pull the plants out of where we've just planted them. Hmm, if I could just get her to pull only weeds...


No comments:

Post a Comment