Monday, October 29, 2012

Spiders, Spiders, Everywhere!


We found the most amazing spiders living in our garden and all over the yard this year.  I know they have been there in the past, but this year, we really paid attention, took pictures, made up stories, watched them spin silk over captured bumblebees.


Since it's almost Halloween, I thought I'd share a few photos of the gorgeous, unbelievably brilliant, and spooky spiders and their webs in Lily's and Jasper's garden.






This one isn't the best photograph, but there were seven or eight webs, hanging one after the other after the other.


For sure, Lily knows more about spiders at age four than I've probably known my whole life! The webs are so cool to look at, I even attempted to hairspray an old abandoned web (Lily made me promise not to ruin any home of a spider while said spider was still living on it) onto black construction paper to save it.  It was not successful.  Not everything can be captured; some things are just meant to be looked at and awed over.


Have a safe, happy, spooky Halloween week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment