Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eating My Way Through the Garden


Well, my kiddos are still on vacation in Michigan with their GramS, and I miss them like crazy, but I am enjoying the lazy pace of these summer days until they return.  Greg and I came home to a garden bursting with growth.


The strawberries are going crazy, the sunflowers are ready to pop open, I have more snap peas than I know what to do with, and the weeds are on steroids!

So what am I doing in the garden while I wait for Jasper and Lily to come home?  Eating!!  I've been picking strawberries every morning, snacking on peas throughout the day, and for dinner, sautéed kale and garlic scapes. YUM!


I find picking and eating the fruits and veggies is the perfect distraction from weeding.


I sure hope some strawberries are left for my two garden monkeys when they get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment