Friday, May 15, 2009

Flower Shopping With Lily



Here's a look at what Lily and I bought at Sunnyside Nursery last week. The visit was a little bit fun, a little bit crazy, sort of like this picture. I was going to crop it and make it look prettier, but what fun would that be when I show the after pictures?

Shopping with Lily generally causes one or both of us to go into meltdown. But sometimes it has to be done. I thought flower shopping would be different; I thought it would be lovely. Who am I kidding? I knew it would be insane.

We went with our friends, Joie and Molly, and while Molly is still content to hang out in the baby carrier, Lily is not. Plus the sun was out, I know, shocking in the Puget Sound area in May. Even more shocking that I should complain! While Lily struggled to get out of the carrier and chase the soft grey cat around, I struggled to convince her she was perfectly happy strapped to my chest while the sun beat down on us and my blood pressure took its usual climb. It didn't last long.

But we did come home with some pretty plants and honestly Lily probably saved us a lot of money because I should not be trusted at a nursery with endless amounts of time and a credit card. It could be worse than setting me loose in the bookstore.

I decided the next time we go to Sunnyside, I will leave my expectations at home, along with the baby carrier. And I'll let Lily get down and explore to her heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment